Graduates of this Online Law Degree (LLB) will have developed:
- Insight into key topics of law and business, with practical applications
- Critical understanding of legal concepts, and their relation to the world of business
- Legal research and professional portfolios, reflecting on current legal issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, critical research ability, and other transferrable skills
- Experience of legal writing, document drafting, and presenting legal arguments
The modules are delivered on the Canvas online platform. A dedicated programme tutor will guide you through each online module, and will closely supervise your academic development and achievement of learning outcomes. You’ll be able to use following resources:
- Smart Reading Lists which link via Law Trove and the University’s online law libraries
- Two live tutor sessions (synchronous) per module, plus trainee solicitor and pupil barrister i-Tutorials
- Video demonstrations and consolidation guides for each unit and access to Keynote, JSTOR, and Worldbank databases
- Discussion forums where you can share activities and tasks, as well as upload documents and videos online
- 36 hours of online employability workshops which cover job search, CV writing, and interview tips
- BBB at A level and Grade C or Grade 4 or above in GCSE Maths and English language, or equivalent qualifications
- An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component
The Qualifying Law Degree has the same learning outcomes and assessment structure as The University of Law’s campus LLB courses. This means you will graduate with the same degree as your campus peers. Students will develop a strong foundation of the major legal areas of English law. There are four study options available: 3, 4, 4.5, or 6 year programmes, allowing you to study full-time or part-time to fit your studies around your personal and professional commitments. All programmes start in September with the exception of the 4.5 year programme, which begins in January.
Students will receive the equivalent of 11 large group sessions plus 11 two hour workshop sessions per module. You will receive feedback on 8 tasks per module as well as ongoing support throughout your studies. Overseas students will be able to sit exams at recognised centres (e.g. British Council premises). Follow this link to access the full programme syllabus.
If you’d like to apply, please click on the Apply Now or Start Application button on the page. Please fill in the form and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application form, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.
TestimonialsI chose The University of Law because of their heritage, the support from the tutors, and their commitment to employability.Graduates of the i-LLB, a Qualifying Law Degree, will develop a strong foundation in the key legal topics and related skills that are critical for the modern lawyer.With this programme students can maintain their existing jobs or work part-time alongside their studies - this has diversified our student body.
Four celebrated women with law degreesWe take a look at four inspirational women who studied law degrees, using it as a platform for their professional success.7January201831
10 non-legal careers you can do with a law degreeWant to do law? Don’t want to do law? Here’s 10 non-law careers you can do with a law degree.August201702
Join the Magic CircleGetting your LLB or LLM law degree online might open more doors than you thought possible. Check out the top law firms, and maybe you’l...Ready to apply?Apply nowCheckout 1/3Total: £Discount: £Bundle Discount: £Sub Total: £Choose Exam Dates and Additional MaterialsAdd Billing DetailsSelect Payment MethodSelect Payment Method