Graduates of LLB Qualifying Law Degree with Criminology will possess career-ready skills in:
- Understanding key legal concepts in a practical environment
- Analysing of the fundamental topics of criminology
- Communication - both oral and written, including report and legal writing, drafting documentation, and presenting legal arguments
- Conducting legal research and problem-solving skills to find solutions to legal issues
- Analysing, researching, and reflecting on current legal issues
- Understanding types of law – contract, public, criminal, land, family, European, and more
- Reflect on the justice system, criminal behaviour, youth crime, and punishments.
Graduates of this Online Law Degree (LLB) will have developed:
- Insight into key topics of law and criminology, with practical applications
- Critical understanding of areas of criminology, and their impact on the law
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, critical research ability, and other transferrable skills
- Experience of legal writing, document drafting, and presenting legal arguments
- BBB at A level and Grade C or Grade 4 or above in GCSE Maths and English language, or equivalent qualifications
- An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component
The Qualifying Law Degree has the same learning outcomes and assessment structure as The University of Law’s campus LLB courses. This means you will graduate with the same degree as your campus peers. Students will develop a strong foundation of the major legal areas of English law. There are four study options available: 3, 4, 4.5, or 6 year programmes, allowing you to study full-time or part-time to fit your studies around your personal and professional commitments. All programmes start in September with the exception of the 4.5 year programme, which begins in January.
Students will receive the equivalent of 11 large group sessions plus 11 two hour workshop sessions per module. You will receive feedback on 8 tasks per module as well as ongoing support throughout your studies. Overseas students will be able to sit exams at recognised centres (e.g. British Council premises). Follow this link to access the full programme syllabus.
If you’d like to apply, please click on the Apply Now or Start Application button on the page. Please fill in the form and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application form, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.
Reasons to choose a career in Intellectual Property lawFrom copyright infringement to patent protection, cases in Intellectual Property Law can have serious repercussions. This fascinating area is where creativity and law meet.1November201826
Where can a law degree take you?Does a law degree lock you into a legal career? No. Find out what other great career paths you can start down with ...November201812
Why study an online LLM in Conflict Resolutio...Calming an argument, and negotiating peace, are useful in the legal system and beyond. Learn to Master this powerfu...Checkout 1/3Total: £Discount: £Bundle Discount: £Sub Total: £Choose Exam Dates and Additional MaterialsAdd Billing DetailsSelect Payment MethodSelect Payment Method