Graduates of the Master of Laws International Corporate Governance (LLM) will possess career-ready skills in:
Different models of corporate governance
Convergence and path dependence theories
Harmonisation of corporate governance codes
The future of global corporate governance
Applying legal analysis and resolution to real-world client scenarios.
The course can be studied over a period of 12 months (full-time) or 18 months (part time). Each study module carries 30 credits, and the dissertation carries 60 credits. As an online student you will have access to the following resources:
- Online portal for articles and primary source information: Business Source Complete, Keynote, Financial Times Newspaper Online and Emerald Database
- Law Resource Pack with statutory extracts, institutional rules, guidelines and court rules you will consult for each module
- Learning outcome mind maps, tuition videos, and key articles with discussion questions
- Unit introductions, i-Tutorials, reading lists, video demonstrations
- Consolidation of each unit which includes core content review and summaries
- UK bachelor’s degree in any subject at 2.2 or above, or its equivalent.
- Overseas students, in addition to the above, are required to have English language equivalent of IELTS 6.5 or above, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
The Master of Laws International Corporate Governance comprises one award-linked compulsory module and 3 elective modules. In addition to a general induction to the programme, there is also a two-week induction covering the foundations of the English Legal System.
All students are required to submit a 15,000 word dissertation on conflict resolution law after completing their programme modules. Follow this link to see the full programme syllabus.
Based on the class of January 2017
This course will assist students in gaining employment within the field of international corporate governance. It will also assist those students who already work within this sector in taking on a more senior role.
TestimonialsI recommended The University of Law to one of my colleagues who was specifically looking for an online LLM and I will definitely recommend it further.The online LLM equips you with transferable, practice-focused skills delivered in the context of areas of commercial law.This programme is attractive to senior executives in organisations who are in contact with lawyers and want to understand the legal side of their roles.Apply nowCheckout 1/3Total: £Discount: £Bundle Discount: £Sub Total: £Choose Exam Dates and Additional MaterialsAdd Billing DetailsSelect Payment MethodSelect Payment Method