Graduates of the BA (Hons) Business Management (Human Resource Management) will possess career-ready skills in:
- Management, communications, team building, leadership, and motivating others
- Business management and leadership
- HR practices, strategies, and process
- Financial management and planning
- Social responsibility and ethical management
Your programme modules and learning content are delivered via the Canvas study platform, and feature the following resources:
- Professionally produced video lectures created by leading business practitioners
- Access to online forums where you can share and discuss new concepts with fellow students and professionals from around the world
- Case studies and discussion questions to enhance your understanding of theory in context
- Portfolio Tasks featuring a built-in function that allows you to collate your work for presentation to employers
- Instant Feedback Tasks of between 500-1,000 words, accompanied by tutor guidelines on how to approach each assignment
- A pre-selected suite of TED-Ed lessons to aid your understanding of the concepts covered in each module
- A VoiceThread feature containing audio and visual prompts from your tutor -- creating a platform for dialogue on which you can submit your own comments on the module topic via audio or video files
- BBC at A Level and Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English language, or equivalent qualifications
- An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component
The aim of the Business and Human Resource Management (HRM) programme is to provide students with the knowledge and understanding of the key aspects of business and human resource management that are appropriate for people working in organisations operating within a complex, digital and dynamic business environment. The human resource management part of the programme offers students a thorough grounding in the more specialist concepts and applications of people management.
Students will be exposed to the design and functioning of work and organisations and build an understanding of the techniques that are used in the management of people at work. They will learn how strategic human resource planning can aid the success of the organisation in the international context.
Follow this link to see the full programme syllabus.