At Edology, we understand that investing in your education is a long-term commitment. That’s why we recommend a number of funding and finance solutions to help you make the best investment in your future.
If you are planning to study an undergraduate or postgraduate programme from one of our UK-based academic partners, please read on to learn more about your funding options.
We also recommend that you research the range of funding options available which are offered by non-governmental organisations, charities, and commercial entities, as well as those outlined below. This will help you make the right decision when it comes to financing your studies.
Tuition Fee Loan
UK and EU nationals wishing to study in September are eligible to apply for a loan for up to £6,165 per academic year for a full-time course or £4,625 per academic year for a part-time course.
If you are looking to start on our January 2018 online LLB course, unfortunately that course will not attract funding from the SLC due to the structure of the course.
- Payment for tuition fees will be made directly to the university you are studying with in three instalments.
- Once you have secured a loan, you will need to provide the university with a copy of your University and College Payment Advice letter and confirm your individual Student Support Number in order to receive tuition fee payments from the Student Loans Company (SLC).
- You are not required to repay your loan until you have completed the programme and are earning an income of over £21,000 a year. The amount you repay is calculated at a rate of 9% of your income over £21,000.
- The amount you owe will increase each year with interest. Your interest is charged at the rate of inflation plus 3%.
- You can apply for student finance online. Once you sign and return your declaration, you should receive a response within six weeks.
Student Loans Company (SLC) Postgraduate Loan
For the 2017/18 academic year, you may be eligible for up to £10,280, applicable towards a UK based master’s level course if you meet the eligibility requirements.
- You must be a UK national resident in England or Wales or an EU national resident in England on the first day of the first academic year but within the EEA throughout the preceding three years
- This must be your first master’s degree programme
- Loans are repayable once you earn over £21,000 per annum and will be repaid over a maximum period of 30 years
- Interest rates are 3% above the UK’s Retail Price Index (RPI) – currently it is 4.6%
Please visit the Student Loans Company website for more information.
Undergraduate funding is available for the following programmes:
Bachelor of Laws programme from The University of Law:
- i-LLB Qualifying Law Degree
BA (Hons) Business Management from The University of Law Business School:
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Finance)
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Human Resource Management)
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Marketing)
Postgraduate funding is available for the following programmes:
Master of Laws programmes from The University of Law:
Master of Science programmes from The University of Law Business School: