Graduates of the MSc Data Analytics and IT Security Management will possess career-ready skills in:
- Designing and developing data collection methods
- Analysing and interpreting data to make informed strategic decisions
- Developing and implementing flexible security strategies for business
- Managing security of IT systems in organisations of all sizes
- Understanding and evaluating governance frameworks in IT systems
With Arden University, you’ll have access to an engaging and easy to navigate online learning platform called ilearn. Available on desktop or mobile devices, ilearn supports and encourages you to take control of your studies. Providing everything you need to complete your programme in one accessible place, ilearn features:
- A virtual classroom, library, diary, and lecture theatre rolled into one
- All of your modules, study materials, career support, and schedules
- Downloadable module materials so you can access the course when offline
- Access to an online library containing thousands of e-journals, e-books, podcasts, and videos
- Engaging forums where you can interact, debate, and discuss ideas with your tutors and fellow students
To be eligible for this MSc Data Analytics and IT Security Management degree you must normally have:
- A UK honours degree at a minimum of second class (2:2) or equivalent.
- For students whose prior learning was not taught in English, IELTS 6.5 or equivalent is required (no less than 6.0 in any element).
If you don’t have academic qualifications, Arden University are happy to consider, and actively encourage applications if you have substantial work experience (typically 5 years at senior levels).
If you have other postgraduate computing management awards you may be eligible for entry and/or exemptions. This will be assessed on an individual basis.
The modules on this master’s degree programme will develop your understanding of the importance of data within the changing IT security landscape. You’ll learn to analyse and assess cyber security in modern technological infrastructures, and learn how to approach large amounts of data and use it to make informed strategic decisions. You’ll also learn how to communicate findings of data collection articulately to help meet business goals.
The final research project helps develop your critical abilities and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of your chosen area of specialisation. The modules in this master’s programme are:
- Data Design
- Data Handling and Decision Making
- Data Visualisation and Interpretation
- Information Security Strategy Development
- IT Security Management
- IS Governance
- Research Project
This master’s degree programme will open up a range of exciting career possibilities, developing your skills in two crucial branches of modern information technology. Qualified professionals in cyber security and data analytics are in high demand in leading finance, insurance, business management and IT firms, consultancies, and government organisations.
Here are some of the positions that graduates of this programme may go on to consider:
- Senior Data Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- IT Risk
- IT Support – Cyber Security
If you’d like to apply, please click on the Apply Now or Start Application button on the page. Please fill in the form and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application form, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.