What is business skills competency?
Business competencies are the skills which give you a competitive edge over other professionals in your field. Proficiency in these skills, such as leadership and understanding of crucial business concepts, is particularly important for business owners who aim to establish a stronghold over the market by implementing their skills in a professional setting. These skills also help professionals advance their careers and take up leadership roles.
Graduates of this certificate programme will possess career-ready skills in:
- Gathering detailed and in-depth market knowledge
- Understanding the synthesis and presentation of quantitative and qualitative data
- Leading the implementation of strategy based on operational management theories
- Decision making with creativity and integrity
Who is the Certificate in Business Skills Competency programme for?
This online certificate programme is for professionals who want to gain business-orientated skills to further their career, and for entrepreneurial enthusiasts. On this course, students will develop skills related to the implementation of management practices, business decision-making, and leadership strategies. This programme is particularly useful for students who are pursuing a career in:
- Computer and IT
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Communication
What will you learn from a Certificate in Business Skills Competency course?
Taking up a certification course in Business Skills Competency can help students develop a range of business-related skills, and understand how various business operations contribute to a business’ success. The course touches upon topics such as business finance, leadership, marketing, operations, sustainability, corporate governance, and entrepreneurship. Students who take up this short course will develop a better understanding of:
- Business management practices such as marketing, operations management, finance, leadership management, supply chain management, and how their effective implementation contribute to the successful functioning of a business. This aspect of the course focuses on the theoretical interpretation as well as practical implementation of these management techniques, with a special focus on basic business concepts and practices.
- Business communication is an important asset for business professionals as it allows you to build a strong professional network, as well as a good rapport with colleagues and senior managers.
- Leadership strategy focuses on helping you learn how to devise and implement business leadership techniques and use them to the advantage of the organisation.
- Business decision-making is a necessary skill to be successful as a business professional. The course will help students develop strong decision-making skills which can be instrumental in driving an organisation towards greater profit.
What are the advantages of studying a business skills competency certificate course online?
Students can expect to gain the following skills upon completing this certification programme:
- Improved business competencies;
- An understanding of management practices and their execution;
- Strong business acumen and business communication;
- Market trends analysis;
- Creating and implementing strategies.
Your programme modules and learning content are delivered via the Canvas study platform, and feature the following resources:
- Professionally produced video lectures created by leading business practitioners
- A designated tutor who will provide support and feedback throughout your programme
- Case studies and discussion questions to enhance your understanding of theory in context
- Downloadable e-books and free library resources to aid your assignment writing and research
- Access to online forums where you can share and discuss new concepts with fellow students and professionals from around the world
- For non-native speakers of English, an IELTS score of 4.5, or equivalent
- Relevant work experience is an asset, but no work experience is required
On completion of this course, you’ll have gained an understanding of how to:
- Acquire an overview of basic business concepts, language, and practice, including marketing, operations, supply chain, finance, and leadership
- Communicate more effectively with colleagues and fellow senior managers
- Learn best applicable leadership techniques and how they can be applied within the industry
- Assess strategic business issues and make a timely contribution to these through problem solving in a team environment
The five areas that participants will engage with on the course are: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability and Corporate Governance, Business Finance, Leadership, Marketing, and Operations. Alongside weekly discussion questions, you’ll complete a final written assignment that is approximately 2,500 words, and encompasses the learning outcomes of the programme.
TestimonialsI love everything about the platform. It is so easy to navigate and the fact that I can access my work, view the online libraries, and talk to my classmates in one area is very useful.Learning is the most important thing. Continue to learn. Don’t stop your learning.Apply nowCheckout 1/3Total: £Discount: £Bundle Discount: £Sub Total: £Choose Exam Dates and Additional MaterialsAdd Billing DetailsSelect Payment MethodSelect Payment Method