Graduates of the Master of Laws (LLM) in Legal Practice (Conflict Resolution) will possess career-ready skills in:
Conflict intervention strategies - arbitration, negotiation, mediation, and system design
The nature and impact of conflict from interpersonal relationships to global organisations
The diversity of communication in generating productive conflict outcomes
Conflict resolution in diverse social, cultural, and commercial contexts
The practical application of conflict resolution theory to real-world scenarios
The course can be studied over a period of up to 5 years. Each study module carries 30 credits, and the dissertation carries 60 credits. As an online student you will have access to the following resources:
- Online portal for articles and primary source information: Business Source Complete, Keynote, Financial Times Newspaper Online and Emerald Database
- Law Resource Pack with statutory extracts, institutional rules, guidelines and court rules you will consult for each module
- Learning outcome mind maps, tuition videos, and key articles with discussion questions
- Unit introductions, i-Tutorials, reading lists, video demonstrations
- Consolidation of each unit which includes core content review and summaries
- UK bachelor’s degree in any subject at 2.2 or above, or its equivalent.
- English language equivalent of IELTS 6.5 or above, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component
The Master of Laws (LLM) in Legal Practice (Conflict Resolution) programme is made up of of two compulsory modules and two elective modules.
All students are required to submit a 15,000 word dissertation on conflict resolution law after completing all programme modules. Follow this link to see the full programme syllabus.
Based on the class of January 2017
TestimonialsI recommended The University of Law to one of my colleagues who was specifically looking for an online LLM and I will definitely recommend it further.The online LLM equips you with transferable, practice-focused skills delivered in the context of areas of commercial law.This programme is attractive to senior executives in organisations who are in contact with lawyers and want to understand the legal side of their roles.
Four celebrated women with law degreesWe take a look at four inspirational women who studied law degrees, using it as a platform for their professional success.6January201831
10 non-legal careers you can do with a law degreeWant to do law? Don’t want to do law? Here’s 10 non-law careers you can do with a law degree.August201702
Join the Magic CircleGetting your LLB or LLM law degree online might open more doors than you thought possible. Check out the top law firms, and maybe you’l...Ready to apply?Apply nowCheckout 1/3Total: £Discount: £Bundle Discount: £Sub Total: £Choose Exam Dates and Additional MaterialsAdd Billing DetailsSelect Payment MethodSelect Payment Method