Skills and abilities: Excellent mathematical and analytical skills concerning financial information and report writing. Strong ability to communicate and negotiate.
What you’ll be doing: This role is required within various organisations selling financial products, possibly as an independent adviser for investment or pension consultancies. You may fulfil a similar role to a Financial Adviser. Typical day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Discussing financial planning with clients, and updating clients about their investments
- Researching and understanding financial products to explain to clients
- Negotiating with different providers, and meeting sales and performance targets
- Producing financial reports
- Maintaining knowledge of products and laws
Career progression: You may choose to specialise in a specific area, or move into management. With additional qualifications and experience, there may be the option to become a partner in a firm – you may wish to become a Certified Financial Analyst. Alternatively, you may decide to move into compliance, upholding industry guidelines.
BSc (Hons) Financial Management
Strengthen your management skills, enhance your financial credentials, and open the door to a variety of career opportunities with this BSc from the University of Wolverhampton.