Skills and abilities: Excellent mathematical and analytical skills concerning financial information and report writing. Strong ability to communicate and negotiate.
What you’ll be doing: This role is required within various organisations selling financial products, possibly as an independent adviser for investment or pension consultancies. You may fulfil a similar role to a Financial Adviser. Typical day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Discussing financial planning with clients, and updating clients about their investments
- Researching and understanding financial products to explain to clients
- Negotiating with different providers, and meeting sales and performance targets
- Producing financial reports
- Maintaining knowledge of products and laws
Career progression: You may choose to specialise in a specific area, or move into management. With additional qualifications and experience, there may be the option to become a partner in a firm – you may wish to become a Certified Financial Analyst. Alternatively, you may decide to move into compliance, upholding industry guidelines.