Skills and abilities: Strong organisational skills, computer literacy, excellent grammar, and attention to detail.
What you’ll be doing: This position is required by large and small businesses in all sectors. Typical day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Greeting visitors to the office
- Organising staff meetings, and taking notes during the meeting
- Arranging travel for staff members
- Updating computer records
- Typing, printing, filing, and ordering replacement stock
- Answering phone, email, and social media enquiries
Career progression: This position could lead to supervisory or managerial roles. Further training could lead to other departments or specialisations. You may decide to develop yourself with administrative assistant certification such as CAP or CAA.
BA (Hons) Business (CMI)
The CMI-accredited BA (Hons) Business is a comprehensive undergraduate programme that covers the range of topics required to be adaptable in the modern business world.