Skills and abilities: Strong communication and collaboration, research and analytical ability, decisive leadership with customer and product knowledge.
What you’ll be doing: The Product Manager role is common for a variety of industries, developing manufactured, technical, and financial products. Typical day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Being responsible for overall product success
- Determining customer needs through research and feedback
- Assessing market trends and competitor products
- Creating product management processes and forecasting results
- Managing conceptualisation, production, and marketing
- Overseeing product development and assigning staff accordingly
- Planning and demonstrating new features to stakeholders
- Developing and implementing marketing campaigns
- Determining pricing, and forecasting short and long term sales
- Co-operating with all departments as required
- Maintaining industry and product knowledge, attending relevant events
Career progression: You may join a team, and with experience, become a Senior Product Manager, Associate Product Manager, or Head of Product, potentially rising further to roles such as Chief Marketing Officer.