Skills and abilities: Strong communication and collaboration, research and analytical ability, decisive leadership with customer and product knowledge.
What you’ll be doing: The Product Manager role is common for a variety of industries, developing manufactured, technical, and financial products. Typical day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Being responsible for overall product success
- Determining customer needs through research and feedback
- Assessing market trends and competitor products
- Creating product management processes and forecasting results
- Managing conceptualisation, production, and marketing
- Overseeing product development and assigning staff accordingly
- Planning and demonstrating new features to stakeholders
- Developing and implementing marketing campaigns
- Determining pricing, and forecasting short and long term sales
- Co-operating with all departments as required
- Maintaining industry and product knowledge, attending relevant events
Career progression: You may join a team, and with experience, become a Senior Product Manager, Associate Product Manager, or Head of Product, potentially rising further to roles such as Chief Marketing Officer.
MSc Strategic Business Management
Learn how to manage local, national and international organisations, and develop a detailed understanding of business operations and performance management practices.