Skills and abilities: Able to regularly produce creative and informed content. Excellent communication skills, and confidence in delivery of opinions. IT literacy, with strong analytical skills and organisation.
What you’ll be doing: There are various popular blog categories, such as sports, travel, fashion, lifestyle, music, photography, celebrity news, and crafts. Typical day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Researching, conceptualising, and pitching original blog ideas
- Writing and editing content, implementing SEO terms
- Promoting the blog via social media and other platforms, to engage audience
- Using content management and analytical software, and social media platforms
- Consulting marketing, web design, video and picture editing, and other departments
- Adhering to style guidelines, and incorporating feedback from other departments
- Maintaining up-to-date industry knowledge
Career progression: You may choose to move into copywriting or marketing. You could also manage a team of blog writers, or become Head of Content. Alternatively, you may decide to work freelance, or produce your own blog.
Arts Enterprise Diploma
The Arts Enterprise Diploma presents you with a broad range of subject areas such as marketing, law, and communication, which are designed to cater specifically to the contemporary needs of the modern creative professional.