Skills and abilities: Able to regularly produce creative and informed content. Excellent communication skills, and confidence in delivery of opinions. IT literacy, with strong analytical skills and organisation.
What you’ll be doing: There are various popular blog categories, such as sports, travel, fashion, lifestyle, music, photography, celebrity news, and crafts. Typical day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Researching, conceptualising, and pitching original blog ideas
- Writing and editing content, implementing SEO terms
- Promoting the blog via social media and other platforms, to engage audience
- Using content management and analytical software, and social media platforms
- Consulting marketing, web design, video and picture editing, and other departments
- Adhering to style guidelines, and incorporating feedback from other departments
- Maintaining up-to-date industry knowledge
Career progression: You may choose to move into copywriting or marketing. You could also manage a team of blog writers, or become Head of Content. Alternatively, you may decide to work freelance, or produce your own blog.