Skills and abilities: Knowledge of market research methods and brand development alongside strategic and analytical thinking. Strong communication skills, combined with an instinct for customer preference.
What you’ll be doing: Ensure the brand development remains current and consistent in their approach through market research. Typical day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Conducting market research to recognise current trends and predict future trends
- Planning and implementing marketing campaigns across a range of media
- Analysing the performance and success of marketing campaigns to improve brand awareness
- Liaising with multiple departments to ensure brand identity and consistency
- Organising a team, and managing budgets
- Keeping awareness of products and competitors
Career progression: Success in entry level positions such as Junior Brand Manager can build to Senior or even National Brand Manager positions, overseeing groups of larger brands.