Skills and abilities: Strong communication and attention to detail, with the ability to resolve challenging situations. IT and administration skills.
What you’ll be doing: You may work in a variety of industries, including travel, retail, government, and local authorities. Typical day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Answering questions from customers (phone, email, web or in person)
- Providing quotations and checking availability
- Taking new orders or processing refunds
- Recording customer information into a database
- Tracking orders
- Handling complaints, or raising the issue to a manager
Career progression: With experience, entry-level customer service jobs may lead to senior positions such as Team Leader, or Customer Service Manager. Customer service skills are highly transferable, and could lead into a variety of careers.
Develop a thorough understanding of the principles of marketing, hone your business expertise, and gain the essential capabilities needed to be an effective manager with the BA (Hons) Business Management (Marketing).