Skills and abilities: Strong communication and leadership skills, combined with IT capability, and clear planning and organisation.
What you’ll be doing: Sales manager responsibilities emphasise maximising revenue for a particular product or area, such as business-to-business. Typical day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Recruiting, training and managing sales representatives
- Allocating responsibilities such as sales areas or specific products
- Developing strategies and setting sales targets
- Monitoring staff, providing feedback, and coaching towards targets
- Compiling, analysing, and reporting on sales figures
- Keeping awareness of products and competitors
Career progression: You could begin as a Sales Representative, before handling roles such as Sales and Marketing Manager. With a strong sales record and experience, you may adopt the responsibility of larger sales areas, Sales Director, Regional or National Sales Manager. Alternatively, you may wish to apply your experience to a different role, such as marketing.
The Dual Master in Strategic Marketing (Sales Management) offers graduates a double qualification in advanced sales strategy and operations for the global professional.