Skills and abilities: You’ll need excellent analytical skills, copywriting ability, and relevant experience in the form of social media marketing courses or training.
What you’ll be doing: From small businesses to global corporations, social media has become integral to modern enterprise – however, positions in smaller organisations may be combined with other duties. Typical day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Monitoring social media channels, including Facebook, YouTube and Instagram
- Uploading regular, relevant content to sites and responding to user comments
- Writing and editing blog articles, and planning video content
- Using web tracking tools such as Google Analytics
- Developing audience-increasing strategies
- Taking part in relevant conferences, webinars, or group chats
Career progression: You may decide to enhance your career prospects with a digital marketing course, or other social media training. With increased experience, moves to managing social media in larger companies, Senior or Head Media Manager positions or other marketing roles are possible.
Advanced Certificate in Marketing Design & Strategy
The Advanced Certificate in Marketing Design and Strategy builds on your professional strengths and examines how marketing influences decision making at management level.