Graduates of the BA (Hons) Criminology & Law will possess career-ready skills in:
- The technological developments associated with cybercrime
- The psychological and political impact of crime on society
- Methods of policing and police powers
- The fundamentals of the law of tort
- Further applications to court services, social work, and other areas of public service
With Arden University, you’ll have access to an engaging and easy to navigate online learning platform called ilearn. Available on desktop and mobile devices, ilearn supports and encourages you to take control of your studies. Providing everything you need to complete your programme in one accessible place, ilearn features:
- A virtual classroom, library, diary, and lecture theatre rolled into one
- All of your modules, study materials, career support, and schedules
- Downloadable module materials so you can access the course when offline
- Access to an online library containing thousands of e-journals, e-books, podcasts, and videos
- Engaging forums where you can interact, debate, and discuss ideas with your tutors and fellow students
- Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent
- Completed a recognised Access Programme or equivalent
- IELTS level 6.0 or equivalent for students whose prior learning was not taught in English
Arden University are happy to consider an application from you if you can show them you have the motivation to study the programme.
The BA (Hons) Criminology & Law is comprised of the following modules:
- Skills for Interdisciplinary Study
- Crime & Society
- Criminal Justice System
- English Legal System
- Criminal Law
- Law & Ethics
- Research and Ethics in Action
- Contemporary Debates in Criminology
- Civil Liberties & Human Rights
- Tort Law 1 (Negligence)
- Policing and Police Powers
- Tort Law 2 (Other Torts)
- Youth Justice
- Crime Prevention
- Law of Evidence
- Research Planning & Project
The final module is an independent research and planning project, where you’ll have a chance to specialise in an area of your interest. It will be an opportunity to apply the skills you have learned during the programme, and showcase your understanding to potential future employers.
Criminology & Law are interrelated fields of study within the social sciences, important in their own respects. This bachelor’s degree looks into the psychological and political effects crime has on modern society.
The skills developed during this BA (Hons) Criminology & Law programme are highly valued by potential employers, such as showing a capacity to analyse and evaluate data in order to present actionable solutions. Graduates will also advance their collaborative skills to work effectively as part of a team and display a sophisticated understanding of the wider issues that impact upon the world.
The extensive career opportunities, in both the public and private sectors, which graduates of this course can find available to them include:
- Social work
- Policing, probation, and prison services
- Central and local government
- Court services
- Mental health
In addition to these, with further relevant study (such as a law conversion course), graduates can go on to become a solicitor or barrister.
If you’d like to apply, please click on the Apply Now or Start Application button on the page. Please fill in the form and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application form, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.