Graduates of the BA (Hons) Law & Psychology will possess career-ready skills in:
- Understanding the relationship between law and ethics
- The core domains of contemporary psychology
- Application of human rights and criminal law
- Collecting and using legal evidence
- The fundamentals of the law of tort
With Arden University, you’ll have access to an engaging and easy to navigate online learning platform called ilearn. Available on desktop and mobile devices, ilearn supports and encourages you to take control of your studies. Providing everything you need to complete your programme in one accessible place, ilearn features:
- A virtual classroom, library, diary, and lecture theatre rolled into one
- All of your modules, study materials, career support, and schedules
- Downloadable module materials so you can access the course when offline
- Access to an online library containing thousands of e-journals, e-books, podcasts, and videos
- Engaging forums where you can interact, debate, and discuss ideas with your tutors and fellow students
- Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
- Completed a recognised Access Programme or equivalent
- For students whose prior learning was not taught in English, IELTS level 6.0 is required
Arden University are happy to consider an application from you if you can show them you have the motivation to study the programme.
The BA (Hons) Law & Psychology syllabus is divided equally between the two disciplines, and is comprised of the following modules:
- Skills for Interdisciplinary Study
- Introduction to Social & Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Biological & Cognitive Psychology
- English Legal System
- Criminal Law
- Law & Ethics
- Research and Ethics in Action
- Tort 1 (Negligence)
- Civil Liberties & Human Rights
- Personality and Intelligence
- Social Psychology
- Tort 2 (Other Torts)
- Research Planning & Project
- Contemporary Developmental Psychology
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Occupational Psychology
- Law of Evidence
The final module is an independent research and planning project, where you’ll have a chance to specialise in an area of your interest. This coursework is an opportunity to apply the skills you have learned during the programme, and showcase your academic understanding to potential future employers.
If you’d like to apply, please click on the Apply Now or Start Application button on the page. Please fill in the form and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application form, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.
On this bachelor’s degree programme you’ll develop a variety of practical and transferrable skills that will prepare you for a career in a wide range of industries. As a graduate of the programme, you’ll be able to demonstrate to employers that you can consider complex problems from both legal and psychological perspectives. Furthermore, you’ll have the foundation on which to pursue master’s degree study in either of the subject areas, and specialise in the areas that interest you the most to refine your knowledge.
Potential career pathways within the field include the Criminal Justice System, Policing, the Prison System, and the Probation Services. Other organisations concerned with the law, civil liberties and human rights, and social issues are other popular fields for graduates. The range of transferable skills gained from this programme also open up job opportunities in sectors such as education, health, human resources management, and advertising.
TestimonialsGoing back to full-time education became almost impossible as I had a family, mortgage, and all the other distractions of modern family life. Would I recommend Arden? Yes, I would. It has given me purpose, self-fulfilment, confidence and a potential to work in my chosen field.The experience with Arden University so far is fantastic – they have a good relationship with students and offer a flexible payment plan. I would recommend Arden to anyone who wants to study and work at the same time.Blended learning with Arden is very good, and helps me combine both work and study as I live in Lambeth in south-east London. The course has helped me in my career because it has given me the confidence to take on promotion and change jobs.
The importance of psychology in our lifeCan we quantify a complex subject like workplace spirituality? Here we look at the importance of psychology and its approaches to such a question.7February201826
Why is psychology interesting?We take another look at why psychology is being increasingly appreciated as a relevant workplace specialisation, this time inspecting A...February201821
The importance of Educational PsychologyWe give you an overview of a key theory in Educational Psychology, to give you an idea of why the specialisation is so important.Ready to apply?Apply nowCheckout 1/3Total: £Discount: £Bundle Discount: £Sub Total: £Choose Exam Dates and Additional MaterialsAdd Billing DetailsSelect Payment MethodSelect Payment Method