Graduates of the BSc (Hons) Psychology (BPS) will possess career-ready skills in:
- Historical and contemporary approaches to social and developmental psychology
- The roles of genes and environment within the psychology of behaviour
- Cross-cultural psychological differences
- Advanced topics in cognitive psychology
- Methods of quantitative and qualitative research
With Arden University, you’ll have access to an engaging and easy to navigate online learning platform called ilearn. Available on desktop or mobile devices, ilearn supports and encourages you to take control of your studies. Providing everything you need to complete your programme in one accessible place, ilearn features:
- A virtual classroom, library, diary, and lecture theatre rolled into one
- All of your modules, study materials, career support, and schedules
- Access to an online library containing thousands of e-journals, e-books, podcasts, and videos
- Downloadable module materials so you can access the course when offline
- Engaging forums where you can interact, debate, and discuss ideas with your tutors and fellow students
- Two Subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level including mathematics or equivalent; or
- Completed a recognised Access Programme or equivalent
- IELTS level 6.0 or equivalent for students whose prior learning was not taught in English
Arden University are happy to consider an application from you if you can show them you have the motivation to study the programme.
The BSc (Hons) Psychology is comprised of the following modules:
- Introduction to Studying Psychology
- Introduction to Social and Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Biological and Cognitive Psychology
- Introduction to Research Methods I
- Introduction to Research Methods II
- Key Studies in Psychology
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Personality and Intelligence
- Social Psychology
- Brain and Behaviour
- Advanced Topics in Cognitive Psychology
- Research Project
- Contemporary Developmental Psychology
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Occupational Psychology
- Mental Health and Illness
The final module is an independent research and planning project, where you’ll have a chance to specialise in an area of your interest. It will be an opportunity to apply the skills you have learned during the programme, and showcase your understanding to potential future employers.
If you’d like to apply, please click on the Apply Now or Start Application button on the page. Please fill in the form and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application form, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.
As a graduate of the BSc Psychology (BPS), you’ll be able to demonstrate a range of transferable skills that are sought-after by a variety of employers and industries. Successful psychology graduates can write coherent and logical reports on a range of subjects, analyse and interpret statistical data and other forms of evidence, and demonstrate an excellent understanding of human behaviour.
If you choose to stay within the field of psychology and follow the master’s degree route, you can explore a range of branches with the field such as health, clinical, educational, occupational, counselling, sports, forensic, or neuro psychology. Whichever route you choose to take after graduation, your British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited degree will put you on the right path towards a career as professional psychologist.
TestimonialsGoing back to full-time education became almost impossible as I had a family, mortgage, and all the other distractions of modern family life. Would I recommend Arden? Yes, I would. It has given me purpose, self-fulfilment, confidence and a potential to work in my chosen field.The experience with Arden University so far is fantastic – they have a good relationship with students and offer a flexible payment plan. I would recommend Arden to anyone who wants to study and work at the same time.Blended learning with Arden is very good, and helps me combine both work and study as I live in Lambeth in south-east London. The course has helped me in my career because it has given me the confidence to take on promotion and change jobs.
The importance of psychology in our lifeCan we quantify a complex subject like workplace spirituality? Here we look at the importance of psychology and its approaches to such a question.7February201826
Why is psychology interesting?We take another look at why psychology is being increasingly appreciated as a relevant workplace specialisation, this time inspecting A...February201821
The importance of Educational PsychologyWe give you an overview of a key theory in Educational Psychology, to give you an idea of why the specialisation is so important.Ready to apply?Apply nowCheckout 1/3Total: £Discount: £Bundle Discount: £Sub Total: £Choose Exam Dates and Additional MaterialsAdd Billing DetailsSelect Payment MethodSelect Payment Method