Graduates of the LLB (Hons) with Qualifying Status will possess career-ready skills in:
- Applying fundamental legal knowledge
- Advising on UK and EU legal matters, and providing insight into ethical matters
- Delivering comprehensive legal analysis and written documentation
- Delivering legal services in a range of functions
- Conducting multiple legal disciplines: contract, property, commercial, criminal
An LLB (Hons) with Qualifying Status would make you a desirable candidate for a range of non-legal careers, including court services, local and central government, banking and commerce, policing and the prison system, social work, and education.
With Arden University, you’ll have access to an engaging and easy to navigate online learning platform called ilearn. Available on desktop and mobile devices, ilearn supports and encourages you to take control of your studies. Providing everything you need to complete your programme in one accessible place, ilearn features:
- A virtual classroom, library, diary, and lecture theatre rolled into one
- All of your modules, study materials, career support, and schedules
- Downloadable module materials so you can access the course when offline
- Access to an online library containing thousands of e-journals, e-books, podcasts, and videos
- Engaging forums where you can interact, debate, and discuss ideas with your tutors and fellow students
- Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
- Completed a recognised Access Programme or equivalent.
- For students whose prior learning was not taught in English, IELTS 6.0 or equivalent is required
Arden University are happy to consider an application from you if you can show them you have the motivation to study the programme.
During each level of Arden’s LLB with Qualifying Status you will explore core legal principles. Once you have this knowledge under your belt, you will be able to tailor your studies by choosing one of our four optional modules.
Modules – Level 4
- Foundations in Legal Skills
- English Legal System
- Criminal Law
- Law of Contract
- Law and Ethics
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
Modules – Level 5
- Law of Tort 1- Tort of Negligence
- Tort 2 – Land and Other Torts
- Civil Liberties and Human Rights
- Law of Property
- European Union Law
- Pro Bono and Professional Practice
Modules – Level 6
- Law of Evidence
- Equity and Trusts
- International Commercial Law
- Legal Research Methods & Project
- One optional module
In addition, choose one of the following optional modules:
- Family Law
- Employment Law
- Company Law
- Intellectual Property
Please note listed modules are indicative and may be subject to change, and limited availability. Assessments are designed to provide an opportunity to demonstrate your strengths in a variety of methods. These could include:
- Portfolios of work
- Problem-solving scenarios
- Analysis and research projects
This law degree from Arden University is the ideal platform from which aspiring barristers and solicitors may launch their careers, setting up their next steps to these professions. Furthermore, an LLB (Hons) with Qualifying Status also equips students with a range of transferrable skills sought after by employers in many sectors.
So where does a graduate of an LLB (Hons) with Qualifying Status go after graduating? If you want to become a barrister or solicitor, you will need to take on further study and vocational training. This course will prepare you to enter work in a private practice as a paralegal, carrying out many of the tasks and roles of a qualified solicitor.
Graduates of Arden LLB’s have gone on to work in:
- Business and commerce
- Court services
- Banking and finance
- Local and central government
- Police and prison services
- Social work
If you’d like to apply, please click on the Apply Now or Start Application button on the page. Please fill in the form and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application form, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.