Graduates of Advanced Manufacturing Systems MSc online will be able to:
- Use advanced design industrial control and embedded technologies to improve and optimise overall system performance.
- Appraise the performance of a manufacturing or industrial system from key data acquisition and observation.
- Analyse, make informed judgements, and plan strategies for organisations implementing advanced Manufacturing methods.
- Understand the principles of design and computer aided engineering.
- Work as a member of a team and demonstrate conflict solving and leadership skills at a professional level.
Your programme modules and learning content are delivered via Brunel’s online study platform, and feature the following resources:
- Professionally-produced video lectures created by leading practitioners
- A designated tutor who will provide support and feedback throughout your programme
- Case studies and discussion questions to enhance your understanding of theory in context
- Downloadable e-books and free library resources to aid your assignment writing and research
- Access to online forums where you can share and discuss new concepts with fellow students and professionals from around the world
A UK first or second class (2:2) Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification in any subject. Applicants will be required to show evidence of GCSE grade C (or grade 4) (or equivalent) in Maths. Applicants with other degrees and subjects, with relevant work experience, will be considered on an individual basis.
English language requirements
Students who are non-native speakers of English must be able to demonstrate that their English language ability is sufficient before starting the course, such as at least 6.5 overall in the IELTS with no less than 6 in any one component, or an equivalent English language qualification.
As a graduate of the Advanced Manufacturing Systems course, you’ll have an in-depth knowledge and the advanced skills that will prepare you for various career positions and destinations in Industry 4.0. Our graduates have gone on to work for large industry organisations such as Rolls-Royce, TWI, and NPL.
We prepare our graduates to become leading engineers, researchers, project leaders or entrepreneurs in manufacturing industry, research organisations, and universities - developing the skills you need to further enhance your employability.
If you’d like to apply, click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page. Please fill in the form and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application form, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.
Brunel’s Advanced Manufacturing Systems MSc online contains nine compulsory modules to give you the knowledge to evaluate modern manufacturing technologies, and implement improvements. The modules cover the key components of the latest technologies driving change and innovation in manufacturing industries.
Each module is worth 15 credits, except for the final Research Project, which contributes 60 credits.
- Computer Aided Engineering
- Systems Modelling and Simulation
- Advanced Measurement Systems and Data Analysis
- Automation and Robotics
- Quality Management & Reliability
- Global Manufacturing Enterprise Business Development
- Logistics and Global Supply Chain Management
- Research Methods for Engineering Projects
- Research Project (60 credits)