Graduates of the MSc Data Analytics & Finance will possess career-ready skills in:
- Data design and choosing the most appropriate method of data collection
- The handling of data and financial decision-making
- Different business modelling techniques
- The reporting of corporate performance for better financial and business choices
- Better data visualisation for crucial interdepartmental engagement
With Arden University, you’ll have access to an engaging and easy to navigate online learning platform called ilearn. Available on desktop or mobile devices, ilearn supports and encourages you to take control of your studies. Providing everything you need to complete your programme in one accessible place, ilearn features:
- A virtual classroom, library, diary, and lecture theatre rolled into one
- All of your modules, study materials, career support, and schedules
- Access to an online library containing thousands of e-journals, e-books, podcasts, and videos
- Downloadable module materials so you can access the course when offline
- Engaging forums where you can interact, debate, and discuss ideas with your tutors and fellow students
- A UK honours degree at a minimum of second class (2.2) or equivalent.
- IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent for students whose prior learning was not taught in English (no less than 6.0 in any element).
Please be aware that this course will require you to handle numbers. We recommend that you have a minimum of GCSE standard Maths to succeed.
If you don’t have academic qualifications, Arden are more than happy to consider an application if you have substantial suitable work experience (typically 5 years senior level experience) and can demonstrate your ability and motivation to study the programme.
The MSc Data Analytics & Finance syllabus aims to improve your awareness of the valuable role Big Data can play when deciding on the financial approach of a business. The programme modules provide a route through the various aspects of data analytics and how they relate to finance. This includes how data design and handling can impact upon decision making, and also how the visualisation and interpretation of this information can most effectively be used. Later modules focus on modelling techniques, and analytical skills used for financial decision making and corporate reporting.
The final module is an independent research and planning project. This is an opportunity to undertake research into an area of your choice within the field. With support from your tutor, the research project helps develop your critical abilities and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of your chosen area of specialisation.
In an age where technology is fast transforming business in every industry, the need for data analytics experts is growing. Studying the online MSc Data Analytics and Finance equips graduates with skills in analysing complex data, and using the outcomes to inform effective financial business decision-making. Combined, these subjects are invaluable to organisations of all sizes, in all industries, leading to professional career paths in financial analysis, management, or accountancy. The degree can lead to a variety of lucrative roles including:
- Financial Data Analyst
- Chief Financial Officer
- Senior Financial Manager
- Personal Financial Advisor
- Investment Banker
- Quantitative Analyst
- Business Intelligence Specialist
- Senior Data Analyst
If you’d like to apply, please click on the Apply Now or Start Application button on the page. Please fill in the form and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application form, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.