Graduates of MSc Project Management (APM) will possess career-ready skills in:
- Managing budgets, resolving complex issues, and coordinating a project team
- Matching people to tasks, organising schedules, and assessing risks
- Interpreting and using data to make successful, knowledge-based decisions
- Finding solutions to the ongoing challenges of sustainability
- Recognising the prospects of a potential investment
With Arden University, you’ll have access to an engaging and easy to navigate online learning platform called ilearn. Available on desktop or mobile devices, ilearn supports and encourages you to take control of your studies. Providing everything you need to complete your programme in one accessible place, ilearn features:
- A virtual classroom, library, diary, and lecture theatre rolled into one
- All of your modules, study materials, career support, and schedules
- Access to an online library containing thousands of e-journals, e-books, podcasts, and videos
- Downloadable module materials so you can access the course when offline
- Engaging forums where you can interact, debate, and discuss ideas with your tutors and fellow students
- A UK honours degree at a minimum of second class (2:2) or equivalent
- IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent for students whose prior learning was not taught in English
If you don’t have academic qualifications, Arden are more than happy to consider an application if you have substantial suitable work experience (typically 5 years senior level experience) and can demonstrate your ability and motivation to study the programme.
This postgraduate programme is accredited by the Association for Project Management (APM). The modules will address project management techniques including managing budgets and coordinating a project team. Project analytics is also examined to see how data can help drive project management decision-making. This leads on to data handling and how to obtain and use data to improve a business. Following this, quality management is explored, along with the theory and practice of sustainability, to see how these ideas can be applied to specific business needs and objectives.
The final module is an independent research and planning project. This is an opportunity to undertake research into an area of your choice within the field. With support from your tutor, the research project helps develop your critical abilities and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of your chosen area of specialisation.
Graduates of the MSc Project Management will be able to demonstrate a range of transferrable skills sought-after by employers in a wide range of industries. Many project managers choose to become self-employed, offering their consultancy services on a project or day rate basis. Common career pathways that are purely Project Management focused include:
- Project Director
- Project Executive
- Technical Project Manager
- Technical Project Lead
- Business Project Lead
- Programme Manager
Graduates have gone on to become Chief Specialists, Senior Project Managers, and Project Control Officers, plying their trade in a range of industries including:
- Engineering project management
- Operations and construction
- Project delivery
- Specialised power equipment
- Railway infrastructure
- Government Administrations
If you’d like to apply, please click on the Apply Now or Start Application button on the page. Please fill in the form and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application form, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.
Testimonials"Just three months into my course and I'm already getting the chance to make important business planning decisions.""Distance learning is the way forward when your life does not allow for regular attendance at a daytime university. I can only recommend it to anyone considering it."
Everything you need to know about Engineering Management1October201802
How does HR add value to an organisation?As a non-revenue generating department, HR teams must fight against the threat of automation, and prove their worth to the future of bu...September201824