Graduates of the MSc Strategic IT Management will possess career-ready skills in:
- Proposing methods of aligning business and technology
- Design, application, and enhancement of IT systems in business
- Evaluating and prioritising IT solutions
- Competently leading the management of projects
- Building positive stakeholder relationships
With Arden University, you’ll have access to an engaging and easy to navigate online learning platform called ilearn. Available on desktop and mobile devices, ilearn supports and encourages you to take control of your studies. Providing everything you need to complete your programme in one accessible place, ilearn features:
- A virtual classroom, library, diary, and lecture theatre rolled into one
- All of your modules, study materials, career support, and schedules
- Downloadable module materials so you can access the course when offline
- Access to an online library containing thousands of e-journals, e-books, podcasts, and videos
- Engaging forums where you can interact, debate, and discuss ideas with your tutors and fellow students
- A UK honours degree at a minimum of second class (2:2) or equivalent
- For students whose prior learning was not taught in English, IELTS 6.5 or equivalent is required
If you don’t have academic qualifications, Arden University are happy to consider, and actively encourage applications if you have substantial management experience (typically 5 years).
Students will engage with six core modules plus a research project, designed to develop your ability to manage organisation-wide IT activities. These include information systems and business strategy alignments, portfolio and project management, relationship management and business plan development. Modules also focus on the implementation of innovative new technologies on businesses such as cloud systems and applications and IS governance.
The assessments aim to give you a chance to demonstrate your understanding through a range of methods, including reports, presentations, research proposal and a dissertation of journal articles. With support from your tutor, the research project helps develop your critical abilities and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of your chosen area of specialisation.
Graduates of an MSc Strategic IT Management degree are equipped with the skills to use technology to enhance business. In an age increasingly in need of solid technological infrastructures, successful graduates of the programme will become highly sought after by employers, with the skills and experience to add value to a strategic team in a vast range of organisations.
Career paths graduates have gone on to pursue, include working in IT consultancy, CRM, or software design, testing, and integration. IT project management, development, planning and implementation, in both business and non-for-profit organisations at senior levels are other common pathways.
Alternatively, you could focus on driving IT strategy and bringing a new perspectives to the role, in positions such as:
- Information Systems Manager
- Functional Manager
- Service Delivery manager
- Systems Manager
If you’d like to apply, please click on the Apply Now or Start Application button on the page. Please fill in the form and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application form, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.
Part III: Edology meets young entrepreneurs
Part II: Edology meets young entrepreneurs
Part I: Edology meets young entrepreneurs
Terms and Conditions and you can unsubscribe at any time."