Graduates of the i-LLM LPC will possess career-ready skills in:
- Business law and practice – companies, partnerships, taxation, business accounts, insolvency
- Civil and criminal litigation
- Property law and practice
- Civil Advocacy and Interviewing and Advising
- Wills and estate administration
- Professional Conduct & Regulation
- Skills in Legal Writing and Legal Drafting
- Accounting rules for Solicitors
- A range of 14 professional electives to choose from, to tailor your legal career
The i-LLM LPC gives you the opportunity to complete your training within 22 months via supported online learning, with occasional attendance at The University of Law’s London Bloomsbury campus. (induction, orals skills practices and final assessments, written examinations)
You will be required to attend a four-day induction course on campus, followed by four additional days of face-to-face tuition over the duration of the programme. During the online component of the programme you will need to submit work to your supervisors every 10 days.
i-LLM LPC Supported Online Learning
- Begin your studies in either March or September each year.
- Comprising supervisor-directed self-study, supported online learning includes i-Tutorials, online Test and Feedback exercises, as well as your own independent reading and research.
- Supported online learning is augmented with occasional attendance at our London Bloomsbury campus (a maximum of 8 days over the duration of the course not including formal examinations and practice and final assessments in the oral skills of Interviewing & Advising and Advocacy).
- Submit tasks online and receive one-to-one online feedback from your supervisors.
- You must submit two tasks to your supervisors every 10 days, with each task and its associated prior reading and learning taking between 10 to 15 hours.
- One-to-one tutor feedback is available online.
- LLB Qualifying Law Degree (minimum 2:2)
- Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL)
- Academic or other relevant references
To be eligible for the i-LLM LPC, you must meet the requirements for commencing a Legal Practice Course (LPC) set by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
*For more information, please fill out the enquiry form on the right.
- English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
Over 22 months, you will blend online study with with occasional campus attendance to complete a credited 2-stage modular course to achieve a Master of Laws (LLM) and Legal Practice Course (LPC) qualification.
Stage 1 will comprise the core Legal Practice Course modules of Business law, Property Law, Litigation (Civil and Criminal), Professional Conduct & Regulation, Wills & Administration of Estates and professional written and oral skills. The core practice areas are the same for all students.
Stage 2 of the course will allow for specialisation, where you will choose three professional electives from fourteen available options.
The LPC is assessed through a variety of coursework submissions (submitted online), attended open book examinations (held at The University of Law London Bloomsbury and London Moorgate Campuses), oral skills assessments (which must be taken only at The University of Law in London) and, for the LLM component, a professional practice dissertation.
Applications for The University of Law's September 2017 and March 2018 i-LLM LPC are open.
Reasons to choose a career in Intellectual Property lawFrom copyright infringement to patent protection, cases in Intellectual Property Law can have serious repercussions. This fascinating area is where creativity and law meet.1November201826
Where can a law degree take you?Does a law degree lock you into a legal career? No. Find out what other great career paths you can start down with ...November201812
Why study an online LLM in Conflict Resolutio...Calming an argument, and negotiating peace, are useful in the legal system and beyond. Learn to Master this powerfu...Checkout 1/3Total: £Discount: £Bundle Discount: £Sub Total: £Choose Exam Dates and Additional MaterialsAdd Billing DetailsSelect Payment MethodSelect Payment Method