Graduates of the MSc IT Security Management will possess career-ready skills in:
- Evaluating emerging technologies and their application within current business practice
- Developing robust and effective strategies for security development
- The critical appreciation of risk when enhancing a company’s IT environment
- Auditing governance approaches and presenting recommendations for revised versions
- Effective implementation of security recovery plans
With Arden University, you’ll have access to an engaging and easy to navigate online learning platform called ilearn. Available on desktop or mobile devices, ilearn supports and encourages you to take control of your studies. Providing everything you need to complete your programme in one accessible place, ilearn features:
- A virtual classroom, library, diary, and lecture theatre rolled into one
- All of your modules, study materials, career support, and schedules
- Downloadable module materials so you can access the course when offline
- Access to an online library containing thousands of e-journals, e-books, podcasts, and videos
- Engaging forums where you can interact, debate, and discuss ideas with your tutors and fellow students
To be eligible for this MSc IT Security Management Master's Degree course you must normally have::
- A UK Honours Degree in a related IT subject at a minimum of second class (2.2) or equivalent, OR;
- Relevant IT work experience
For students whose prior learning was not taught in English, you must have IELTS 6.5 or equivalent (no less than 6.0 in any element).
If you don’t have academic qualifications e are more than happy to consider, and positively encourage, an application from you at Arden University. If you have substantial management experience (typically 5 years) and can show us that you have the motivation to study our online programme. We’ll ask you for a personal statement that demonstrates your ability to study the course. We may also want references and evidence of relevant experiences.
Don’t have any of the above?
If you have other Postgraduate level business awards you may be eligible for entry and/or exemptions. This will be assessed on an individual basis.
If you don’t already have a Degree, or the required amount of work experience, Arden may be able to offer you a place on one of our Undergraduate Degree programmes. We offer online degrees in a range of subjects. As they are delivered via Distance Learning, they can fit in around your current commitments.
The syllabus of this postgraduate programme is designed to advance your skills in the vital element of computing for ongoing business success. The final research project helps develop your critical abilities and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of your chosen area of specialisation. The modules you will study in this master's programme are:
- Technology and Trend Monitoring
- Information Security Strategy Development
- Risk Management
- IT Security Management
- IS Governance
- Cloud Systems and Applications
- Research Project
The knowledge you’ll gain on the course will help develop your current career in computing and IT, or move into areas where IT security is particularly relevant such as finance, insurance, and government organisations. Some of the job roles you might explore are:
- IT Security Team Leader
- Network Security Manager
- Head of IT Risk
- IT Security and Governance Officer
- Government Technology Officer
- Future Technologist
- Infrastructure Manager
- Quality and Security Policy Manager
If you’d like to apply, please click on the Apply Now or Start Application button on the page. Please fill in the form and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application form, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.