Graduates of this advanced certificate programme will possess career-ready skills in:
- The objectives of commercial relationships in the upstream oil and gas supply chain
- The practical implementation of petroleum taxation regimes in various global regions
- Energy sector responses to global challenges and issues, and governmental initiatives
- The main contractual clauses in the main contracts in the oil and gas industry, and the effect of these clauses on the contractual parties
Your programme modules and learning content are delivered via the Canvas study platform, and feature the following resources:
- Professionally produced video lectures created by leading business practitioners
- A designated tutor who will provide support and feedback throughout your programme
- Case studies and discussion questions to enhance your understanding of theory in context
- Downloadable e-books and free library resources to aid your assignment writing and research
- Access to online forums where you can share and discuss new concepts with fellow students and professionals from around the world
- A good level of English language ability is recommended
- Relevant work experience is an asset, but no work experience is required
This advanced certificate is designed to equip you with an intimate knowledge of the international issues affecting the energy industry, as well as teaching you the sector specific skills needed to master the strategies and systems that lie at the heart of this global field of business. In order to do so, you will focus on:
- The objectives and functions of commercial relationships in the upstream oil and gas supply chain.
- The significance of marketing and marketing issues to upstream oil and gas organisations.
- The broad principles and practical implementation of petroleum taxation regimes in various regions of the world.
- Energy sector strategic responses to key global challenges and issues, and governmental initiatives
- The main contractual clauses in the main contracts in the oil and gas industry and the effect of these clauses on the contractual parties.
You will be formally assessed once during the programme, which will consist of a written report of up to 3,500 words. Completing this assignment to a satisfactory standard is a mandatory requirement.
Based on all online student classes of 2016