Graduates of the MA in Finance and Investment (Accounting and Financial Management) will possess career-ready skills in:
- Tools to prepare financial statements for domestic and international businesses
- Corporate finance structure instruments, budgeting, and costing
- Evaluating investment and financial decisions and their consequences
- Finance and investment solutions, accounting techniques, and decision making
- Maximising corporate value while reducing financial risks
You will study your programme with London School of Business & Finance. Your programme modules and learning content are delivered via the Canvas study platform, and feature the following resources:
- Professionally produced video lectures created by leading business practitioners
- A designated tutor who will provide support and feedback throughout your programme
- Case studies and discussion questions to enhance your understanding of theory in context.
- Downloadable e-books and free library resources to aid your assignment writing and research
- Access to online forums where you can share and discuss new concepts with fellow students and professionals from around the world
- UK undergraduate degree or equivalent - any subject area
- English levels 5.5 IELTS (5.5 in all bands) or equivalent*
- Relevant work experience is an asset, but no work experience is required
Students who fail to meet academic requirements can be assessed on their relevant work experience (minimum 3 years' management experience for mature study route).
The MA in Finance and Investment degree syllabus considers today's challenging business environment and the financial expertise you need to excel within it. The 3 core and 3 elective modules will equip you with a deep understanding of investments and financial statements, corporate finance, financial econometrics and advanced asset pricing. The final research project will give you hands-on experience, ensuring your competence in a financial decision-making environment. Follow this link to see the full programme syllabus.
Information based on the class of 2015-2016