What is Oil, Gas, and Energy Management?
With a focus on fossil fuels, the Global MBA (Oil, Gas, and Energy Management) considers long-term solutions for efficient and innovative energy development on a global playing field.
Why study this online Global MBA in Oil, Gas, and Energy Management?
Provided by the London School of Business and Finance, this programme explores the managerial responsibilities expected at senior-level management and analyst positions. As a student of this intellectually challenging programme, you will investigate and analyse the key issues facing these industries today, and explore the practical applications of business principles in the energy sector.
This specialised online MBA programme allows you to tailor your learning to meet your goals, and sets an academic standard from which to accelerate your professional reputation in this competitive sector of business. With a syllabus reflecting the current global marketplace, you will develop theoretical and practical skills to meet the challenges posed by the global economy.
Graduates of the Global MBA (Oil, Gas & Energy Management) will possess career-ready skills in:
- Key energy challenges facing the oil and gas industry
- Local, national, and international issues in carbon management
- Developing carbon management strategies and systems
- Global marketing strategies, maximising corporate value, and minimising risk
- Leadership at senior-level management positions
You will study your programme with London School of Business & Finance. Your programme modules and learning content are delivered via the Canvas study platform, and feature the following resources:
- Professionally produced video lectures created by leading business practitioners
- A designated tutor who will provide support and feedback throughout your programme
- Case studies and discussion questions to enhance your understanding of theory in context
- Downloadable e-books and free library resources to aid your assignment writing and research
- Access to online forums where you can share and discuss new concepts with fellow students and professionals from around the world
- UK undergraduate degree or equivalent - any subject area
- English levels 5.5 IELTS (5.5 in all bands) or equivalent*
- Relevant work experience is an asset, but no work experience is required
The syllabus of the Global MBA combines current management theory with the practical skills sought by employers. The comprehensive programme examines such fundamentals as strategic management, operations management, finance, and marketing to reflect current marketplace practices. You have the choice of enrolling on a fixed syllabus with the standard programme, or tailoring your degree to your career goals by selecting one of 10 specialisations, and featuring two elective modules.
The latter part of the programme involves a research project – including writing your MBA dissertation. Each programme module is worth 10 ECTS credits. The final dissertation project is valued at 30 ECTS credits. Follow this link to see the full programme syllabus.
Information based on the class of 2015-2016Studying with London School of Business and Finance, your course content will be delivered online via the Canvas study platform. This will include:
- Professionally-produced video lectures
- Support from a dedicated tutor
- Contextual case studies and discussion questions
- Freely downloadable e-books and other resources
- Access to online forums to share concepts with tutors and fellow students
This postgraduate qualification is aimed at those with aspirations of a management career in oil and gas. Whether you are looking to become more effective in your current role, or move into a new specialisation, you will be looking to build upon your existing experience. As a practicing professional, this online programme is an ideal way of taking a step up without stepping away from your career.
Whilst this MBA keeps a particular focus on skills and knowledge relevant in the oil and gas industries, it can still be applied in a wider business context thanks to a healthy crossover of fundamental business skills.
This course unlocks a variety of career opportunities in strategic management, operations management, marketing, finance, and analyst positions.
Graduates will find their specialised skillsets welcomed by a number of organisations, from national oil companies and global consultancies, to exploration and production companies, and commercial organisations. Your broad knowledge could also take you to work for government ministries, banks, law firms, or many others.
Skills for your CV
You will gain confidence across a broad spectrum of business practices, with a particular emphasis on international oil and gas management. Placing weight on strategic thinking and enhanced leadership, you will develop the ability to apply your knowledge to a wide array of situations.
Graduates possess a sound understanding of the challenges facing the industry, with specialised knowledge and increased competencies. Having developed an academic and practical knowledge of the responsibilities, they possess demonstrable abilities beyond their specialisation.
Do I need work experience?
Whilst relevant work experience is an asset, it is not an explicit requirement.
Graduates of the Global MBA (Oil, Gas, & Energy Management) will have a firm grasp of the key challenges facing the oil and gas industry, and the senior-level management skills to tackle them.
Students will tackle issues of carbon management to local, national, and international standards, and develop systems and strategies for this purpose.
You will be familiar with global marketing strategies, and understand how to maximise corporate value whilst simultaneously minimising risk.