Graduates of the Global MBA (Oil, Gas & Energy Management) will possess career-ready skills in:
- Key energy challenges facing the oil and gas industry
- Local, national, and international issues in carbon management
- Developing carbon management strategies and systems
- Global marketing strategies, maximising corporate value, and minimising risk
- Leadership at senior-level management positions
You will study your programme with London School of Business & Finance. Your programme modules and learning content are delivered via the Canvas study platform, and feature the following resources:
- Professionally produced video lectures created by leading business practitioners
- A designated tutor who will provide support and feedback throughout your programme
- Case studies and discussion questions to enhance your understanding of theory in context
- Downloadable e-books and free library resources to aid your assignment writing and research
- Access to online forums where you can share and discuss new concepts with fellow students and professionals from around the world
- UK undergraduate degree or equivalent - any subject area
- English levels 5.5 IELTS (5.5 in all bands) or equivalent*
- Relevant work experience is an asset, but no work experience is required
Students who fail to meet academic requirements can be assessed on their relevant work experience (on case by case assessment)
The syllabus of the Global MBA combines current management theory with the practical skills sought by employers. The comprehensive programme examines such fundamentals as strategic management, operations management, finance, and marketing to reflect current marketplace practices. You have the choice of enrolling on a fixed syllabus with the standard programme, or tailoring your degree to your career goals by selecting one of 16 specialisations, and featuring two elective modules.
The latter part of the programme involves a research project – including writing your MBA dissertation. Each programme module is worth 10 ECTS credits. The final dissertation project is valued at 30 ECTS credits. Follow this link to see the full programme syllabus.
Information based on the class of 2015-2016Studying with London School of Business and Finance, your course content will be delivered online via the Canvas study platform. This will include:
- Professionally-produced video lectures
- Support from a dedicated tutor
- Contextual case studies and discussion questions
- Freely downloadable e-books and other resources
- Access to online forums to share concepts with tutors and fellow students
This postgraduate qualification is aimed at those with aspirations of a management career in oil and gas. Whether you are looking to become more effective in your current role, or move into a new specialisation, you will be looking to build upon your existing experience. As a practicing professional, this online programme is an ideal way of taking a step up without stepping away from your career.
Whilst this MBA keeps a particular focus on skills and knowledge relevant in the oil and gas industries, it can still be applied in a wider business context thanks to a healthy crossover of fundamental business skills.
This course unlocks a variety of career opportunities in strategic management, operations management, marketing, finance, and analyst positions.
Graduates will find their specialised skillsets welcomed by a number of organisations, from national oil companies and global consultancies, to exploration and production companies, and commercial organisations. Your broad knowledge could also take you to work for government ministries, banks, law firms, or many others.
Skills for your CV
You will gain confidence across a broad spectrum of business practices, with a particular emphasis on international oil and gas management. Placing weight on strategic thinking and enhanced leadership, you will develop the ability to apply your knowledge to a wide array of situations.
Graduates possess a sound understanding of the challenges facing the industry, with specialised knowledge and increased competencies. Having developed an academic and practical knowledge of the responsibilities, they possess demonstrable abilities beyond their specialisation.
Do I need work experience?
Whilst relevant work experience is an asset, it is not an explicit requirement – however those applicants failing to meet the academic requirements can be assessed on their work history.
Graduates of the Global MBA (Oil, Gas, & Energy Management) will have a firm grasp of the key challenges facing the oil and gas industry, and the senior-level management skills to tackle them.
Students will tackle issues of carbon management to local, national, and international standards, and develop systems and strategies for this purpose.
You will be familiar with global marketing strategies, and understand how to maximise corporate value whilst simultaneously minimising risk.
TestimonialsThe tutors were always available and helpful, answering questions, supporting challenges on all modules.The Global MBA is innovative and modern. The content is very good, I learned a lot, and I can apply the things I learned from the modules to my work.London School of Business & Finance provides the best options. Anybody can study from anywhere in the world.The online learning platform has brought us all together from different parts of the world. The teachers are so helpful, and they make your education easier. It is really unforgettable.
Everything you need to know about Engineering Management1October201802
How does HR add value to an organisation?As a non-revenue generating department, HR teams must fight against the threat of automation, and prove their worth to the future of bu...September201824